The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank, suggesting that we need to re-instate the draft because, as a country, we’ve lost our sense of self and sacrifice. “The costs would be huge,” he says. “But so would the benefits: overcoming growing social inequality without redistributing wealth; making future leaders, unlike today’s ‘chicken hawks,’ disinclined to send troops into combat without good reason; putting young Americans to work and giving them job and technology skills; and, above all, giving these young Americans a shared sense of patriotism and service to the country.”
Service guarantees citizenship!
Someone at Microsoft PR thought this was a good idea.
Hooooooly shit this is real? This cannot be real. Please tell me this isn’t real.
SPOILER: IT’S FUCKING REAL. HELLO, HULK RAGE.
Someone’s getting fired
I HOPE IT’S EVERYONE WHO SAID, “GOOD IDEA, PUBLISH THAT.”
Fucking christ almighty.
….. at least they assume some of their audience has another person in their life? (also FUCCCCCCK THIS)
I want to write something longer but my dad and I are leaving to get tacos. But expect a tirade from me later.
Before everyone goes nuts, every green field is configurable. So yeah, it’s possible to write that letter, but it’s not like Microsoft has it preconfigured like that. Other salutations include “Mom”, “Partner”, “Grandpa”, “Sugar Daddy” and “Dread Lord”.
Cut to Aaron Carter haunting Justin Bieber, telling him of the 3 spirits he’ll be visited by this dark Christmas morning.
Invites have been overhauled! In addition to working more reliably, there’s now a landing page so coaches know exactly what they’re getting into! Coaches, check your profile tab for invites to send out to new coaches.
LosAngeles is Launching! If you’re a coach in Los Angeles, let me know if you’re interested in being a coach. It’d be a huge help if someone in the LA scene could be an ImprovCoaches.com ambassador to get the site established out there.
In other news, over 15 gigs were sent to coaches today! Easily the most the site has seen so far.
Party Time Fun World Updates
Topical Storm is Tuesday November 12th, 8pm at UCB East! That’s tomorrow folks! Come watch ME and Zhubin Parang chat about Chris Christie’s weight, that crazy asshole from the NFL, and Obama Care with Jena Friedman (The Daily Show), Sal Gentile (MSNBC, Up Late with Alec Baldwin) and Joe Burns (Weekend of Regret).
I’m doing a bit in my wife’s awesome show. If you like politics and/or comedy, come check it out. Reservations here.
If you’ve ever thought, “Boy, that Joe Burns has some terrible political opinions, I’d like to hear them in real life,” this is the show for you!
Man I hate beer commercials.
But man, this commercial makes me laugh.
Lots of issues with this commercial.
- Tailgate environment implies this is a home game for the Eagles, but stadium in the background is clearly not The Linc.
- What season is it supposed to be in this commercial? Almost everyone in the commercial is dressed for, at best, a warm fall (t-shirts over long sleeves, sweatshirts), except for the woman in the background who is cold enough to warrant a hat and a turtleneck.
- "Last time" he ate it "we won." However, the Eagles have not won a home game in over a season (an NFL long 14 consecutive home losses). Assuming he’s being truthful, though, mean’s he’s remembering a veggie burger fueled victory from nearly 2 years ago.
- "This is for first place." Assuming he means first place in the division, the game is either against a division rival (such as the Dallas Cowboys) or against another opponent after a division rival (such as Dallas) has already lost. In either case, you’d be hearing people yell "Fuck Dallas!"
- Fuck Dallas.
Nothing major, but a few updates to the site I’d like to share.
- We’ve sent over 125 emails to coaches since launch. Pretty cool!
- Over 40 coaches currently on the site, with several invites pending.
- Search has seen a bunch of bug fixes, so searching by experience, name, and availability are…
Hey follow this blog so I can stop reblogging myself <3
A+ tattoo; would get